Commodity businesses have greater dependence on effective risk management than traditional corporate treasuries, due to a wider variety of complex risks and challenges.
Some of the common risk factors that Commodity businesses are exposed to include:
- Access to supply
- Data from multiple sources and systems
- Key-man risk and undocumented procedures
- Commoditiy price changes and foreign exchange
- Counter-party risk and global stakeholders
- Inadequate inventory accounting methods
- Inadequate hedging on overseas products and supply
Rochford’s experience in advising the commodity industry has resulted in a comprehensive understanding of the life cycle of a commodity business and how their risk profile evolves over time.
We’ve identified three stages of commodity risk and the key areas we can support you with:
Why work with us?
As expert Treasury advisors, with experience across a multitude of sectors, we can support you to gain enhanced clarity, visibility and traceability of risks.
Working with Rochford, you will feel confident with:
- the appropriate tools to facilitate optimal processes and consistent reporting
- a risk management policy that’s right for your unique business
- alignment between global stakeholders to minimuse miscommunication and process gaps
- our on-going support and guidance in conjunction with internal stakeholders
To learn more about our commodity risk management solutions, contact our Partner, Thomas Alexander at the details below.
Rochford‘s agricultural commodity clients also gain access to Basis Commodities – a boutique consulting firm with over 70 years in procurement, sales and supply chain risk management.
Our collaboration with the team at Basis Commodities provides a unique opportunity for agricultural businesses to receive advice for every point of the supply chain – from producer to consumer and everything in-between.
If you would like more information on Basis Commodities, visit their website here. To speak to the team, please email email@example.com or call Chris in Sydney on + 61 419 833356 or Andrew in Melbourne on +61 458 864 994.